Thursday, July 20, 2006


Supreme Irritation

Tonight started just like any other. A slow and steady Happy Hour for an hour or so and then suddenly, out of the blue, a big group of very self-important people(at least they thought so) invaded the bar like a small army of very demanding ants. After many years of bartending, there are a few things that people do to all but guarantee I will virtually ignore them as they desperately try to get a drink.
Here's my top five non-no's:
1. Snapping fingers
2. Yelling "Hey!"
3. Asking me my name and then yelling it down the bar the rest of the evening
4. Whistling to get my attention
5. Grabbing some part of my body as I pass by
I swear, any of these will cause me to think terrible murderous thoughts so please, please just don't do them. If you're hanging out with someone who does any of them, quickly diassociate yourself and slink over to a new section of the bar. I might just serve you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home