Saturday, July 29, 2006


Keep the Compliments

I have a few golden rules of bartending that are pretty tried and true. Meaning, if one of them happens, 99.9% of the time I am certain of the outcome. Here's a case in point that occurred last evening on our busiest night of the week, the Friday Night Happy Hour. A Young Hollywood Turk with his posse of like-minded buddies is attempting to be extra 'cute' by calling me sweetie and other endearing names while telling me what a truly fabulous bartender I am. Here's the deal, any time someone tells me how great I am behind the bar, I KNOW without a shred of doubt they are going to leave me a shitty tip. In fact, the more they shower me with praise, the more the tip goes down. This guy wouldn't shut up. After many Don Julio tequila shots for he and his friends he asked for his check. It was $119.00. Guess what he left me? $10. That's technically less than ten percent. Thanks! My fellow bartender and I promptly celebrated the moment with a Shot of extra chilled Stoli Raspberry and splash of cranberry.

2 Comments:

Blogger Nelly said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

10:02 AM  
Blogger Nelly said...

When men turn on the charm the way that guy did, I turn on my "go screw your self bitch mood." I try to fuck with there heads and play mind games with the one guy that calls me sweetie and honey. I know they are not going to tip, so y not mess with them a little.

10:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home